There were a few challenges I thought of ahead of time:
- The flights were at night so Bryce would be wanting to sleep
- Bryce does not take a bottle so I would have to be nursing (and yes I was "lucky" enough to sit next to a very large man on both flights. The first guy was so big we couldn't put the arm rest down. At least they were both nice.)
- I didn't want to have to check a stroller or car seat. (my mom had some for us up there and I have had strollers get damaged on flights before.)
- Bryce, my carry on, and a diaper bag would be a lot to juggle.
- There is not a lot of room on planes, especially with a baby on your lap, so I didn't want to have to be digging through a carry-on that was on the floor or under the seat in front of me looking for things.
So to solve many of these problems I designed a traveling bag.
The other thing that I made was a larger sling to hold Bryce in. I made it big enough for him to be able to comfortably be in it for HOURS like 5 or 6. That way he could stay in it while he slept on the plane and I had my hands free where walking around the airport.