So I started with Emma's room.
I painted the walls about 10 months ago. Wow was it really 10 months ago?? I am a slacker. If I didn't have the fact that I have 4 small children, one of which is almost 9 months, to play with, feed, teach, and clean up after, I would really be giving myself a hard time right now. Plus I painted this room while I was pregnant and nesting. I go a little craft crazy when I am nesting.
Anyway back on track. I let Emma pick the paint card (surprise surprise she choose a very girly shade of pink) and then I used 3 colors from the same card. I painted the ceiling, halfway down the feature wall, and about 1.5 feet down the other 3 walls the lightest pink color. Then I taped off the horizon lines so there would be slightly rolling hills and painted everything below that line the middle pink color. Then I just took a few old pieces of poster board, drew some castles and cut them out to make stencils. If you are thinking to yourself that you can make stencils you can. Just google images of what you are looking for and then once you see what you want I bet you can draw the outline of it.
Once the castles were painted in the darkest pink color I then free handed the little bushes and trees. The last step was to put up the princesses wall stickers. We got them at Target. I just wanted the castles, but my daughter thought that it wasn't a princess room until there were princesses all over it.
While I had the paint and drop clothes out I also painted this doll cradle I got at a thrift store for like $2,
And the frame of the hair bow thing I had made her a few years ago. (Her old room was a kitty garden type theme and the frame was a green that just wasn't working in this room)
Then I made this shelf.
I talk about how I did this here.
Most of the dolls on the self were mine and over 20 years old and some where even my mom's when she was a little girl. I guess one good thing about only having one girl is that I know who to give all the stuff I saved for someday when I have a little girl.
I had some leftover fabric after doing the shelves so I used it to make a coverlet for the bed.
The coverlet is just a temporary solution (maybe in another 10 months I will get around to finding her something better). I also made her a new bed skirt, well it is more like a bed tutu. Go here to learn more about the bed tutu.
And last I refinished a nightstand and mirror for her.
As always I still have more to do, like a cornice box over the window, ruffly curtains, a ceiling medallion, and a chandelier. Maybe sometime in the next 10 months.
Added note: I have had a lot of people ask me about Emma's bed. I bought it in clearance at a local store, RC Willey, but you can also buy it here.Pin It